Head of Credit Risk, London
Head of Credit Risk – £Competitive – London – J11145
An exciting new opportunity for a Head of Credit Risk to work for an innovative digital using technology to make people better off. They think differently. Unlike traditional banking models they use their banking and technology experience to design and manufacture stand-alone financial products that meet the needs of those using them and by building unique and dynamic products, they make engaging with personal finances easier than ever before.
This is a senior leadership role within the bank and will be accountable for leading the ongoing evolution of the bank’s credit risk capabilities as they continue to deliver on their strategic objectives. As such the role offers a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to contribute to their creation and growth, with the aim of growing your career alongside the wider growth of the firm.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing similar unsecured lending credit portfolios, with a track record of leading and developing highly talented and capable teams.
Leading a comparatively small team (which will grow), the role holder has a critical responsibility for the credit quality of the bank’s lending decisions. The role holder will lead a team responsible for:
• Underwriting strategies and subsequent portfolio quality
• Ensuring the bank’s marginal decisions deliver appropriate risk-adjusted margin and ROE outcomes in line with the bank’s risk appetite
• Delivering actionable insight through high quality credit risk analytics
• Developing loss forecasting models that are accurate and measurable
• Delivering insightful portfolio MI, with specific focus on performance of actual vs expected
• Managing the bank’s arrears management strategies
• Running, maintaining and optimising the bank’s impairment models
• Delivering robust controls, governance and monitoring of credit risk
Skills and experience
● Proven track record of building and leading highly capable teams
● Deep experience of working within unsecured lending
● Demonstrable subject matter expertise across credit risk, with particular emphasis on underwriting, loss forecasting and MI
● Understanding of implications of credit quality and lending decisions on the bank’s wider capital and liquidity position
● Experience of leading and participating in key governance forums
● Impressive communication skills, and experience of effectively influencing senior stakeholders
● Current or previous coding experience in order to provide technical leadership to the team (e.g. Python, SAS, R)
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.