'Junior' Data Scientist, London
'Junior' Data Scientist - £Negotiable - London & travel to SE Asia - J11169
Aware winning, diversified Global Financial Services Company is offering this excellent opportunity for an 'aspiring' Data Scientist to develop their expertise and really make an impact on their business. You would be based from their Central London offices and relish the opportunity for international travel inparticular to S E Asia.
The Data Scientist directly drives business performance improvement through creating accurate predictions of customer behaviour that the business act upon.
The key responsibilities of the Data Scientist role are:
- Work with Data Analysts to identify and secure the internal and external data required to create accurate statistical models
- Create performant statistical models that enable the targeting of business actions
- Support the on-going development of analytical tools across automated feature engineering, data enrichment and ROI optimisation
- Support the identification of opportunities to drive performance across the portfolio of businesses through the application of analytical and data science techniques
- Evaluate emerging data science tools and methodologies, providing best practice and expertise in the adopted frameworks
Requirements for the role:
A degree in a quantitative field, incorporating a statistical module and MSc/PhD in Data Science or related discipline
Experience in applying machine learning (supervised and unsupervised) and statistical modelling techniques to address business problems
Ability to translate outputs of data analyses into commercial knowledge and understanding, and use that to make actionable recommendations
Evidenced creative problem solver, being able to identify innovative solutions to complex challenges
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly present detailed analyses to non-analytical audiences
Data Management – SQL, Alteryx (ideally, but not essential)
Statistical Programming – Python, R or similar
Analytical Tools – DataRobot or similar augmented AI tools advantageous
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman at 01256 314660 or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.