Operational Researcher, London
Operational Researcher - £Competitive Salary – Plus Benefits – Middx – J11091
This is an Global Logistics Organisation continues to focus on optimisation and as a result are investing in a new role within their Data and Analytics team with the emphasis on applying operational research techniques to strategic decisions surrounding operational and capacity planning, workforce planning and simulation of process.
Role & Responsibilities
• Lead the way in data preparation & capacity modelling in the business
• Be a strong data analyst as well as personable individual.
• Manage multiple stakeholders across all departments.
• Develop and maintain an Operational Capacity model.
• Develop and maintain a Model that can show the impact of Commercial levers
• Carry out and present specific analyses for Stakeholder questions
• Be a proactive product owner for defining productionalised.
• Identify the most significant internal and external relationships
• Undertake data preparation (SQL querying & data joining, cleansing)
Experience & Skills Required
• Educated to degree level in a numerical discipline.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Data Modelling principles.
• Possess advanced Excel (VBA and advantage)
• Be comfortable influencing any level of stakeholder.
• Have strong Presentation and Communication skills, able to describe findings in simple and accurate terms for stakeholder
• Experience of Simulation and software (MicroSim, Simu8) an advantage
• Several years’ experience in modelling operational capacity and business demand questions for business stakeholder
• Specific experience and understanding of analysing business processes.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman or email her on email@example.com. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk