Programme Support Manager - Analytical Defence Projects, Hampshire
Programme Support Manager – Defence Analytics - £Negotiable DOE – Hampshire – J11223
Programme Support Manager sought to join growing team in delivering analysis projects to clients across Government. This client is a growing analytical consultancy and works with clients across UK Government and industry to help them make better informed business decisions.
As a Programme Support Manager you will be responsible for taking analytical projects through the whole project lifecycle: from receipt of a requirement through the selection of a team and onto contract. You will also work collaboratively alongside their customers and subcontractors to ensure they successfully deliver and gain acceptance of contracted projects.
This role will provide you with an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to work across a wide range of projects (from small and rapid to large, complex and multi-year tasks) and being able to manage these projects through the whole project lifecycle.
Your main responsibilities as a Programme Support Manager will involve:
• Day-to-day management of projects from inception until they are on contract and handed over to a subcontractor to deliver
• Engagement with both customers and suppliers, including their technical, commercial and project management teams
• Liaising with our commercial team to ensure contractual arrangements and subcontracts are processed in a timely fashion
• Regular production of progress reports including reporting of progress against budgets
• Working collaboratively as part of the PMO team in a fast-paced responsive environment
• Acting as point of contact for subcontractors and customers, responding to all queries promptly
• Monitoring projects that are on contract including reviewing subcontractors’ progress reports and progressing actions
• Monitoring the status of project deliverables and raising invoices on acceptance
• Maintaining and operating behind an internal firewall during the competition phase of projects and handling material which is subject to security and export control restrictions
Your skills and qualifications:
• Track record of managing defence research and analysis projects (highly desirable)
• Working in an environment requiring adherence to UK national security regulations (highly desirable)
• Experience managing the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven track record in working directly with customers and subcontractors, and managing stakeholders
What they are looking for in you:
• Proven numerical, verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail
• Self-motivated and comfortable working individually and within a team
• Working to demanding timescales under pressure and managing numerous conflicting priorities
• Drive and enthusiasm with a flexible approach
• The ability to proactively organise and prioritise effectively demonstrating excellent time management
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or email her on @datatech.org.uk (teresa.cheeseman). Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.