Economic Policy Analyst, London
Economic Policy Analyst – London – Salary to £35k + benefits – London - J11224
Working for a London based Think-Tank with a mission to create a global movement of people committed to creating the pathways from poverty to prosperity and the transformation of society, we require an astute data analyst to join our team that feels passionate about these global social and economic issues.
You will have between 1-3 years commercial experience working on an analyst position and are likely to come from an economic or policy educational background. If this role is of interest, please reach out to Rachel Keane with a copy of your cv.
Experience and Knowledge
- A degree in a field involving quantitative analysis, or economics or is highly desirable
- Prior experience as a data analyst, economic analyst, policy analyst or in a similar role is desirable
- A strong interest and track record in data analysis and public policy, social and economic affairs
- A proven background in producing and communicating high quality analysis in written and presentation form
- Technical expertise using Python ideally, but other data analysis tools considered too (e.g. Python, R, SQL, Stata and SPSS)
- Experience in handling and manipulating large datasets
- Strong capabilities in data-driven research, including problem structuring, hypotheses formulation, statistical analysis, and visualization
- Ability to ask “why” of data and consider a variety of outcomes before reaching conclusions
- Strong written and verbal communications and an ability to present problem statements, concepts and conclusions to a variety of internal and external stakeholders including experts and policy- makers through reports, presentations and other written output
- A team player, with the ability to plan and manage their programme of work to agreed timelines
- Holds oneself and others accountable, committed to doing the right thing
- Has vision and desire to create value for the long term – willing to be flexible and take risks
- Self-motivated and able to drive activity forward
- Good judgement about when to use initiative and when to consult
If you fit the above job description, please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.