Software / Python Developer, Berkshire
Software / Python Developer – based in Berkshire – Salary negotiable – J11240
A successful consultancy are seeking a candidate to join their development team in Berkshire. Working with multiple data sources from Amazon to supermarket sales from over 60 markets globally, each providing their own challenges. Assisting leading global blue-chip companies build solutions, enabling them to gain valuable insights that drive key business decisions.
The company culture and motivation is to encourage all employees to work closely and benefit from working as a team. You will also have a strong voice in how we work, organise our projects and the technology we leverage. The team operate a flat hierarchy where everyone's opinion is valued if a valid case can be made regarding the benefits for the team.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills and experience;
• 4+ years’ commercial experience working within a software development / Python development position.
• Python experience in the following;
- Strong knowledge of Pandas and Numpy libraries
- Building ETL pipelines
- Unit Testing
• Experience using database technologies e.g. SQL or NoSQL, PostgreSQL preferrable
• Working within a methodology framework e.g. Scrum, Agile etc
Desirable to Have
• Database design and optimisation
• UNIX sys admin experience
• Working knowledge of Docker
Nice to Have
• Big data experience e.g. Apache Spark, Dask
• Cloud computing e.g. AWS
• Software Engineering principles o Project planning o Requirement scoping o Design and architecture o Business and Technical documentation
If you fit the above job description please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314 660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.