Business Development Executive - Food, Berkshire
Business Development Executive – Salary to £26K – Plus Benefits – Berks – J11106
The Business Development Executive role is the entry-level role into a highly skilled team yet still requires a commercial and professional approach. You will work with an account base of clients that consist of well-known brands and private label manufacturers. Your key focus will be to retain and grow your clients through strong relationships and the realisation of this consultancy’s growth strategy. They are searching for people with drive and tenacity to really get close to their clients and excite them about the benefits of working more with their products. This is not a cold calling role but an opportunity to identify and convert on consultative selling, supported by an Insight Manager.
Role & Responsibilities
• Ensure the retention of your existing client base whilst developing profitable and sustainable new revenue streams.
• Build relationships and help businesses to maximise their growth opportunities.
• Engage with customer contacts to strengthen working relationships.
• Create a strong base of client contacts, identifying additional stakeholders/decision makers.
• Build a strong network of internal contacts to maximise support from across other teams.
• Undertake effective, timely and accurate financial administration.
• Keep a sales pipeline up-to-date.
• Understand clients’ objectives and build trust through your knowledge and opinions of their own and industry issues.
Experience & Skills Required
• Be able to demonstrate commercial acumen with some experience in a client-facing role.
• Be self-motivated and assured at presenting to all levels
• Confidently build strong relationship both internal and external.
• Have an understanding of a ‘consultative selling approach’.
• Confident working with data with a good working knowledge of Excel and some PowerPoint
• Ideally educated to degree level
If you fit the above job description, please contact Rachel Keane on 01256 314 660 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data UK. For more information visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk